Pune University,Department of Computer science releases notification of conducting PUCSD Entrance Examination 2013
Pune University invites candidates eligible and interested for admission to full time courses conducted at the Department of Computer Science, University of Pune.
Candidates who are interested can read the instructions given in the website and can apply through online. Candidates should note that the programmes are offered for only Science faculty Graduates and 50% of seats will be allotted for candidates belonging to reserved categories from Maharashtra State
- For M.C.A.:Any Science Graduate (including B.C.A. under Science Faculty) with Mathematics at 10+2 Level.
- For M.Sc. (Computer Science) :Bachelors Degree in Computer Science.
Candidates can apply for the admissions in Pune University till 10th Feb 2013. Candidates should send the filled in application form along with DD (Application fee) in favour of ‘The Registrar, University of Pune’, payable at Pune and with necessary documents in an envelope superscribe “APPLICATION FORM – M.Sc./M.C.A.” to The Head, Department of Computer Science, University of Pune,Ganeshkhind, Pune-411007.on or before 18th Feb 2013.
Candidates can click here to view the instructions before applying through online: Instructions for applying through online
Candidates can click here to apply through online: Apply through Online for admission into Pune unversity for full time courses in Computer Science Department
Candidates are informed that the following documents should be enclosed with the application form:
- Copy of an Application form duly signed by the candidate.
- The Demand Draft
- Attested copy of Domicile Certificate (for candidates residing in Maharashtra State, if an applicant is not holding a Maharashtra domicile certificate but has passed S.S.C. and H.S.C. from the state of Maharashtra, then he/she should submit the attested copies of marklist/passing certificate for S.S.C. and H.S.C.).
- An attested copy of the caste certificate and/or Valid Non-creamy layer certificate (if applicable/available) for the reserved category applicant.
- An attested copy of the H.S.C. (Science) Marklist.
- An attested copy of the S.Y. B.Sc./B.C.A.(Under Science Faculty) Marklist.
Syllabus of Mathematics is as follows:
- Set theory: Set operations, relations, functions.
- Propositional logic: Formulation, deduction, evaluation, puzzles.
- Linear Algebra: Solution of a system of linear equations. Determinant and inverse of a matrix, basic properties of matrices.
- Co-ordinate Geometry and Conic Sections: Equations of lines and planes, vector products; definitions and properties of conic sections.
- Trigonometry: Identities, computation of heights and lengths.
- Differential Calculus: Total and partial differentiation, limit of a function.
- Integral Calculus: Definite and indefinite integrals, solution of differential equations, computation of areas and volumes.
- Series and sequences: sum, mean, convergence, limit.
- Real and complex numbers: surds, solution of equations on complex domain.
- Polynomials: solution of quadratic equations, properties of roots of polynomials with real coefficients, binomial expansion, Taylor series.
- Permutations and Combinations.
- Elementary Probability Theory: Computing probability from combinatorial reasoning, conditional probability.
Candidates are informed that they should be update with the website for further details and they are intimated that they can collect Admit cards from the website from 20th Feb 2013 to 3rd March 2013.