NEET (National Eligibility Cum Entrance Exam)replaces many of the entrance examinations for the admission of MBBS and BDS (under graduate),MS and MD(post graduate) courses. NEET is proposed by MHRD(Ministry of Human Resource Development) and MCI(Medical Council of India).
- NEET will be controlled by central board.
- It is a single exam for 31,000 medical seats without management quota.
- NEET shall replace AIPMT(All India Pre-Medical Entrance Test), which exempts in the states Andhra Pradesh, Jammu & Kashmir till 2012.
- Andhra Pradesh declares to join in 2014-2015 getting exemption for two years.Goa and Gujarath are ready to join in 2013-2014.
- the Government is yet to decide to join other alied Medical courses like veterinary,nursing,agriculture,horticulture etc.
- CBSE shall provide separate state and National merit list such that appeared student can choose either in state colleges or national colleges.
- Applications will avail from 2nd week of NOVEMBER 2012.
- NEET is proposed to conduct on 5th MAY of 2013.
- student have the option to attempt His/Her exam on ONLINE or OFFLINE for about 3 hours for 180 marks.
for further details: